Search This Blog

Thursday, August 09, 2012

LOOKING FOR POWER

Always.

As a traveler, I am constantly looking at my battery life, looking for power under my seat (getting furious when my row's power doesn't work or on American Airlines flights where they require you to have a car charger on some flights - !!!), looking for the Samsung power stations at airports, and when those aren't available, hidden power outlets along walls, columns, and floors of the airport. I would find myself standing awkwardly by a column so my phone could charge while I wait to board my flight. I want to make sure that my phone battery lasts to be able to scan my boarding pass at the gate and take a phone call from the car picking me up.

And I'm not the only one.

I see people awkwardly sitting on the floor next to a bathroom at the airport. Not the best spot to wait for your flight. Not surprisingly, there is a power outlet available there. I will sometimes sit at a restaurant within the airport where I know there is a power outlet. At the Starbucks in Penn Station, they have power outlets in the benches. I always know that I can get juiced up at Starbucks for the price of an iced coffee as I wait for my Acela train. So smart!

Today, I discovered a new idea for making sure you have power for ALL of your devices. Carry a power strip. HAHA. Someone was kind enough to lend me 2 spots on her power strip today - one for my laptop and one for my phone. Not sure if this is a thing I'll start doing though. Although I was so so glad for her power strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment