Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

BURLINGTON AIRPORT

Seven things I learned about this airport that might be good to know if you ever head to BTV.

1. There are 15 gates.

2. You can board and deplane from the rear. Just step outside and go up/down a few stairs.

3. There is free wifi in the airport (That's where I'm writing this entry!)

4. You get a beautiful view of Vermont and Lake Champlain flying in and out.

5. There is no Hertz gold lot. The rental car area is so small, you get your key at the counter, pick up your car, and no one checks your car before you leave the lot. When you return, you just park the car, note your mileage, and return your key back at the counter.

6. The TSA guy is so strict (I guess since he doesn't have the time pressure to get people through security speedily)... he stopped EVERY SINGLE person in line (all 5 of us) and re-checked all of our bags.

7. Apparently the honey ricotta cheese I bought at the Rutland farmers market is considered a LIQUID or GEL. C'mon people! I had to leave the $5 deliciousness behind. The gal who checked my back put the cheese container on the floor and not in the trash. I bet she just wanted to eat it. I even bought heirloom tomatoes to go with the ricotta cheese. There is liquid inside those tomatoes, and they didn't have a problem with that. Ugh! So upset. I was really looking forward to tomatoes with ricotta cheese!!!! :(

*** The guy in the row behind me just said.... "You know what I could really go for right now? Some ricotta cheese! he he - I was right behind you in line." He apparently had lots of things tossed out in this airport before. ***

1 comment:

  1. heeki7:21 AM

    i was in burlington 5 years ago. first job at my previous company. i had a picture of the sun setting on the lake as my phone (old phone) background for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete